Shortlisted finalists have been announced for the upcoming Global Mobile (GLOMO) Awards, with Valour Consultancy’s John Devlin helping to select this year’s leading technological developments in authentication and security.
John, who founded P.A.ID Strategies before joining forces with Valour in late 2021, was invited to participate as a guest judge in the ‘Best Mobile Authentication & Security Solution’ category. This award recognises the best use of technology to safeguard customers’ personal data and/or help network operators and service providers combat fraudulent access to networks. This applies to products and solutions deployed on the full range of mobile (or cellular) networks and services.
Judges were instructed to look for network based products and solutions that protect customers and/or networks against fraud, hacking and cyber-attacks. Entries were open to all organisations which provide mobile products, devices, services, solutions and applications to combat fraud and protect security utilising mobile connectivity.
The rigorous judging process was no easy feat, with John and fellow industry experts sifting through 13 entries and ranking them against a range of criteria.
Who has been shortlisted?
Five solutions have been shortlisted for the 2022 award, including 2021 winner ZARIOT who picked up the trophy last year for their global SIM product with signalling to cloud protection. This year’s shortlisted entries are:
- AdaptiveMobile Security, an Enea Company for the World’s First Unified 5G Network Security Solution
- Nokia for NetGuard XDR Security Operations
- Orange for Cyberfilter
- Veon Group for MobileID
- ZARIOT for ‘Empowering End-to-end IoT Ecosystem Security’
Who were the other judges?
Every year, GLOMO organisers enlist the professional expertise of more than 200 independent judges from across the world. The panel comprises leading industry and subject matter experts, analysts, journalists and academics. This year’s mobile authentication and security panel included:
- John Devlin, Founder, P.A.ID Strategies and Senior Research Consultant, Valour Consultancy
- Dave Birch, Consult Hyperion, Director of Innovation
- Alan Goode, Goode Intelligence, Founder
- David Rogers, Copper Horse Solutions Limited, Founder
- Michela Menting, ABI Research, Research Director
- Charles Brookson, Azenby, Director
- Paul Rodgers, Vendorcom, Chairman
- Kevin Bailey, Synergy Six Degrees, Principal Analyst & Director
- Roberto Kompany, Principal Analyst, Omdia
- Colin Mann, Media Analyst, Omnisperience
- Anabella Marciello, Senior Editor, Frecuencia Latinoamerica
- Christopher Sherman, Senior Analyst, Pembroke management
- Krishna P. Baidya, Director, Frost & Sullivan
- James Moar, Lead Analyst, Juniper Research
About the GLOMO Awards
Across the world, individuals, teams and organisations are paving the way to connecting everyone and everything for a better future.
For 27 years, The Global Mobile (GLOMO) Awards, our industry’s most prestigious accolade, have recognised and honoured the most innovative and brilliant amongst our sector who have changed how people, communities and businesses interact and evolve in a digital first world. In 2022, the GLOMOs celebrate the incredible wins the mobile and digital industry have had in redefining what it means to be connected.