Valour Consultancy’s Daniel Welch has been invited to participate in an upcoming webinar hosted by Collins Aerospace on Thursday 10 March. The session will discuss how airlines can utilise high-speed connectivity channels to facilitate Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) data reporting.
As connected aircraft operations improve efficiencies and reduce costs, Collins Aerospace suggest the airline industry is expected to see annual savings of around $15 billion. At the same time, these new generation aircraft generate up to four times the amount of ACARS data than their predecessors – leading to cost and congestion increases that reduce the overall operational gain.
In response, airlines are now looking for new ways to improve throughput and reduce these costs by sending particular messages over different media. As a result, it is vital airlines understand how ACARS over IP can be a cost-effective option to manage this data while alleviating network congestion to ensure that safety critical and operational messages don’t get lost.
- Alexis Hickox – Head of Product Marketing, Connected Aviation Solutions at Collins Aerospace
- Alex Pond – Regional Product Specialist, Connected Aviation Solutions at Collins Aerospace
- Daniel Welch – Co-Founder at Valour Consultancy
- What is ACARS over IP?
- How can it help increase operational efficiencies?
- What is necessary to implement AoIP at an airline?
The webinar will take place at 9am ET / 2pm GMT on Thursday 10 March. To reserve your spot, register here.